Monday, November 12, 2007

Blessing just for me...

I had a BIG sectional test scheduled for this morning. It was in a class that is particularly hard for me because the teacher is unorganized and throws out random comments that we need to connect with things he said a few minutes ago - and it's cardiology - which is a deep subject anyway.

I studied as much as I could over the weekend and didn't really cover all the material I wanted to because I was really trying to understand and not just memorize. Well, I took off Sunday and didn't study, even though I knew I needed to, because I have always tried to avoid studying on Sunday - my grades are always better when I keep the Sabath Day holy. I prayed last night and had a very good prayer, probably the best, longest prayer I have had in years. I asked for His help to magnify what I had studied and help me to be able to cover the rest of my material before the test. So I got up at 10 min to 3am and went to school to study for 3 hours before the test...I quickly skimmed everything and made flash cards to quiz myself, but i barely remembered what I studied. I was really scared. Then - my teacher came in and said that the tests won't print out and asked if we could take the test in a few days instead... I knew without a doubt that Heavenly Father intervened for me. I could feel it! I still have to put in my time studying, but he answered my prayer and helped me have time to "cover all of the material before the test".

He hears our prayers. I testify of that...

John